Did you know we carried the following hard-to-find Made in the USA lines:
1. Tattly – Designy and temporary tattoos for kids and adults! Tattly works with some of the best illustrators and designers to create fun art for your skin that will come off. Great for parties!
2. Field Notes – One of our best-selling items throughout the year and a proven hit when it comes to stocking stuffers. We are fully stocked when it comes to these amazing little notebooks.
3. Juniper Ridge – If you smell the forest as you browse the shop this holiday season, more than likely you are getting a whiff of Juniper Ridge’s products. Harvested from the forest floors of California and distilled the old fashioned way – these body washes, soaps and perfumes are sure to transport you back to summer.
4. Uncle Goose – We are big fans of wood blocks and the ones from Uncle Goose are some of the best. Beautifully designed and made for play, Christmas is not complete without some blocks under the tree.
*If you are looking for a specific item from any of these companies and we do not have it in-store – we may be able to order in time for Christmas.
When we aren’t drinking some of our favourite local brews and spirits – we’re reading about drinks! Here’s a few we have in the shop right now:
1. Hooch by Scott Meyer
2. Canadian Whisky by Davin de Kergommeaux
3. Make Some Beer by Brooklyn Brew Shop
We’re very excited to have these amazing reproduction maps from Civic Atlas featuring 19th century panoramic bird’s eye views of Hamilton. Beautifully printed and framed in-house – we know these maps will be a big hit this holiday season!
Faber-Castell art sets make great gifts for the little artists in your life! These premium children’s art supplies are recommended by art educators for their quality, innovation, safety and respect for the environment.
Those who like to write will love one of our featured fountain pens as a gift this Christmas. We have a variety of colours and designs from Faber-Castell, Lamy & Pilot. Pair up a pen with a quality journal from Leuchtturm, Rhodia or Habana and you’ve got a great present for the writer in your life.
So many great books in-stock right now! Where do we start? How about with these four fantastic books that we’re happy to feature on our shelves: Rookie Yearbook Three, Bust DIY Guide to Life, Women in Clothes and The Worn Archive.
We’re still taking special orders for Christmas delivery. Get in touch if you are looking for a book or gift for that special someone.
We’re getting the gallery room all set up with lots of prints from some of our favourite artists:
1. Raymond Biesinger‘s Hamilton city print was definitely one of our big hits from this past year. We are also stocked up on many of Raymond’s other prints as well.
2. A new addition to the shop, Ralph Heather‘s woodblock prints feature local landmarks.
3. We’re happy to see new work from Newfoundland printmaker, Graham Blair. His hand-pulled prints are graphic, bold and full of personality.
4. Ryan Berkley is another artist you’ll find regularly in the gallery. His colourful animals morphed into human personalities will leave you with a smile.
5. The art making family known as the Jelly Brothers are making sure our map selection is filled to the brim with local and not-so-local neighbourhood maps this Christmas season.
While the weather outside is frightful we have filled the shop with some warm and fun goods for all the new little people in our lives. Some of our featured items include: Blankets from Klippan (Made in Latvia) and Cate & Levi (Made in Canada), Natural rubber toys from Hevea (Made in Spain) and Bambu kids utensils.
So many lovely items to drink from. We currently have a great selection in-store of Joco Cups, S’well Bottles, Vapur Anti-Bottle and gorgeous mugs from Xenia Taler. If we don’t stock the one you are looking for, we can special order a design or colour of your choice – get in touch soon for Christmas delivery.
Disclaimer: We love mason jars! We know others do too based on the amount of interesting ways developed to adapt these humble glass containers into functional and stylish on-the-go vessels. We’ve stocked up on all our favourite: Cuppows, BNTOs, Mason Taps and Recaps – all made in the USA. They make great stocking stuffers or pair them up with a jar and a cozy and you have an instant and unique gift!